1.2.0 – 2014/04/23
This is the first production release. The component can be purchased as part of SpecFlow+. See SpecFlow+ page for details.
Evaluation: You can evaluate all features of SpecFlow+ Excel for free. In evaluation mode, an extra scenario is generated with title “SpecFlow+ Excel Evaluation Mode”. See SpecFlow+ Evaluation page for details.
Documentation: Please also check the new documentation pages.
Migration from beta releases:
The name and the ID of the NuGet package has been changed to
SpecFlow.Plus.Excel. There is an updated compatibility package created with the old name, that only contains a dependency to the new package, but we recommend to use the new package directly.
- #15683: Support for longer scenario titles (worksheet names are restricted to 31 characters). When you enter “Scenario:” or “Scenario Outline:” in a cell in the first column, the content of the second column cell in the same row will be used as scenario title. See “Basic Scenario” feature for details.
- #16232: The feature does not need to be tagged to be able to extend scenario outline examples from Excel. (Previously an @external-source tag was necessary.)
- #16254: Allow including generated feature files (from Excel) to the project without making them sub-items of the Excel file. The generated feature files are named like
- #16227: Allow specifying worksheet name for Excel examples using the
@source:MyExcelFile.xlsx:Sheet1format. If worksheet name is not specified, the plugin tries to use a sheet named like the scenario outline or uses the first worksheet if there is no match.
- #15203: Loading scenario outline examples does not work with unit test provider ‘SpecRun+NUnit’ and ‘SpecRun+MsTest’.
- #16210: Unable to use Excel examples from NUnit. NUnit does not support category names including ‘-‘. The tag is not necessary anymore, see #16232.
- #15682: Feature files are re-generated unnecessarily because of .NET version differences. The .NET version differences are ignored now.
- #16240: ForceGeneration has to be set to use Excel examples. This flag is not needed anymore.
- #13833: New and renamed files are not processed by build-time generation. Works now as expected.
1.1.0 – 2014/01/16
- #13710: Background can be defined a worksheet with name “Background” (or the equivalent in the feature language)
- #13813: The plugin generates a plain-text feature file in addition to the test class in order to help navigation, debugging, etc.
- The generation can be switched off by specifying a “skip-feature-file” tag on the feature excel.
- When the generated feature file is included into the project, the “Custom Tool” setting has to be cleared out in the project node, and it has to be added as a sub-item of the excel file to avoid duplicate generation.
- #13709: Decimal placeholders are generated according to the machine culture not to the feature language
- #13712: Tables containing merged cells may cause table parts not processed
- #13726: Double test platform configuration (SpecRun+NUnit) generates code that does not compile
- #13760: Data type formatting is not applied for cells calculated with formulas
- #13833: he build target in Visual Studio 2013 is not notified when a new file is added or a file is removed. As a workaround, you need to re-open Visual Studio.
1.0.0 – 2013/12/13