Specification by Example | Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) | Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
Binding business requirements to .NET code
.NET | Silverlight | Windows Phone | Mono
Get Started Now!
The essence in three easy steps
Describe behavior and evolve a business readable testing and specification DSL.
Automate scenarios to establish a continuously validated living documentation.
Celebrate the good work and continue with the next scenario!
SpecFlow is open source and provided under a BSD license. As a part of the Cucumber family, SpecFlow uses the official Gherkin parser and provides integration to the .NET framework, Silverlight, Windows Phone and Mono.
Explore the SpecFlow eco-system
Check out the products that make SpecFlow even more powerful!
- SpecFlow+ Runner (formerly known as SpecRun) – smart, integrated test runner for SpecFlow
- SpecFlow+ Excel – collaborate with business partners using Given/When/Then directly in Excel
- SpecLog – build up a living documentation based on SpecFlow
- Contact us if you want to be listed here!
Want to learn more?
- Read the Getting Started guide if you are new to SpecFlow
- In-depth information is available in the Documentation
- SpecFlow was inspired by Cucumber and uses Gherkin
- Recommended books:
Specification by Example by Gojko AdzicThe Cucumber Book by Matt Wynne and Aslak Hellesoy
- You can find more books, articles, tutorials and screencasts on the Read & Watch page